|Places to See|
- Bulado Beach (Brgy. Bulado)
- Ganahan Beach
- McKinley Beach (Brgy. McKinley)
- Malusay Beach (Brgy. Malusay)
- Unexplored and intact caves are located at Brgys. Bulado, Calupa-an and Tacpao.
- Hilaitan Treehouse (Brgy. Hilaitan)
- Kinayan Caves and Falls
- Kinayan Lake
- Guinhulgan was established as a parish by Recollect friars in 1856.
- During World War II, it was the headquarters of the East Negros Sector of the 7thMilitary Division and was the scene of fierce battles.
- Guinhulngan became a component city on March 24, 2007 by virtue of Republic Act No. 9309 but was later nullified by the Supreme Court 15 months later.
- On February 15, 2011, its cityhood was restored by the Supreme Court.
- The town's name was derived from the word guinhulugan meaning “place where something was dropped.”
|Location and Topography|
Guihulngan City is bounded on the north by Canlaon City and Vallehermoso; on the west by Isabela and Moises Padilla, both in Negros Occidental; on the northwest by La Castellana (Negros Occidental); on the east by Tanon Strait; on the southwest by Binalbagan City (Negros Occidental); and on the south by La Libertad.
- Area (sq. kms.): 388.56
- Population (2010): 93,675 Guihulnganons
- No. of Barangays: 33
- Income Class:
- District: First
- Zip Code: 6214
- Area Code: 035
|Where to Stay|
- Barba Beach Resort
- Ganahan Beach Resort
- J & I Beach Resort - Brgy. Hilaitan
- Jing Paras Beach Resort
- Midtown Beach Resort
- Paras Beach Resort - Brgy. Malusay
- Plaza Lodge, at the Poblacion, has six airconditioned or non-airconditioned rooms.
- Serion Beach Resort - Brgy. McKinley
- Sunrise View Beach Resort - Brgy. Poblacion
- Talisay Beach Resort
- Villa Garcia Hotel, at the Poblacion, has 14 airconditioned or non-airconditioned rooms and a dormitory. Tel: 231-3035.
|How to Get There|
Distances (Guihulngan City to:)
- Dumaguete City: 116.4 kms.
Guihulngan Port, with its 55-m. long and 6-m. wide pier (with a berthing area of 99 m.), caters mainly to small vessels
Destinations (Guilhulngan City to:)
- Tangil (Dumanjug, Cebu): (Rodriguez Shipping, Pages Shipping)
- May 25 (Nuestra Señora de Buensuceso, Panghumani Festival)
- Landbank - Manuel L. Quezon St. (tel: 336-1367)
- Philippine National Bank - G/F, New Guihulngan Public Market, S. Villegas St. (tel: 336-1038, fax: 410-3011).
- Gov. William Villegas Memorial Hospital (50 beds)
- Guihulngan District Hospital (50 beds)
- Luz-Sikatuna Community Primary Hospital (10 beds) - Luz