|Places to See|
- The Baroque Cathedral of Our Lady of the Pillar, along Gen. Castañeda St.in Brgy. IV, has an imposing façade, dark and subdued colors, tall stained glass windows, Latin inscriptions accentuating the arches and a unique rendition of the Stations of the Cross using wooden carvings showing the hands of Christ.
- The Alapan Flag Monument, at the Benardina Salud Elementary School in Brgy. Alapan, has a 90-foot high flagpole that commemorates the first time the Philippine colors flew in battle (Battle of Alapan, May 28, 1898). It also has a marker and mural commemorating the battle.
- The Battle of Julian Bridge Marker, in Brgy. Bayan Luma, is located near the north side of the bridge and placed on an old 1859 cannon. The Imus Historical Marker, at the town plaza, is set between two vintage artillery pieces.
- Isabel Bridge, located near the Cavite Provincial PNP Command (Camp Gen. Pantaleon Garcia) in Brgy. Palico, has the life-size, brass tableau Battle of Imus Mural, created by well-known sculptor-painter Amado Castrillo and three of his sons.
- The well-maintained Candido Tirona House, at 12 Maestro G. Tirona St., Brgy. IV, has a garden and a marker.
- Other old residences in town include the Palma Residence and the Virata Residence.
- The Imus Historical Museum, at the PNP Cuartel, corner of Gen. Topacio and Capt. Paredes Sts., was formerly an arsenal built by Gen. Jose Ignacio Paua in 1896. It features a series of moving tableaus taking visitors back in history.
- Imus was formerly a part of Cavite del Viejo (now Kawit)
- It became a separate municipality on October 3, 1795.
- The provincial capital was transferred from Trece Martires City to Imus on June 11, 1977 but was moved back to Trece Martires in 1979.
- The town’s name was either derived from the Latin word infimus, meaning “lowland,” the Tagalog word meaning “piece of land cutting into the junction of two rivers,” from the word centimos, the smallest unit of metal currency during the Spanish time or from the plaintive Tagalog ditty called limos .
Imus is the birthplace of:
- Capt. Bernardino Paredes (1849), executed on September 21, 1897
- Santiago Alvarez (July 25, 1872-October 30, 1930) - revolutionary general
- Maj.-Gen. Pantaleon Garcia (July 26, 1856 to August 16, 1936) - commanding general of Central Luzon forces
- Hilario Lara (January 15, 1894-December 18, 1987) - physician, academician and National Scientist, July 11, 1985
- Gen. Simeon Satorre - killed in the Battle of Binakayan
- Gen. Licerio Topacio (1839-1925) - fought in the Battles of Imus, Zapote and Binakayan
- Gen. Flaviano Yengko (1873-1897) - youngest general of the revolution, killed in the Battle of Pasong Santol.
Imus is home to the Anabu Hills Industrial Estate and the Imus Informal Industrial Estate (houses 19 major industrial developments). The Imus Commercial and Business District, along Nueño Ave. (also called Imus Blvd.), is the center of commerce and trade in the municipality.
- Area: 97.01 sq. kms.
- Population: (2000) 195,482 Imuseños
- No. of Barangays: 97
- Income Class: First
- District: Second
- Zip Code: 4103
- Area Code: 046
|Where to Stay|
- Imus Sports Center, a Class “AA” resort along E. Aguinaldo Highway, has 105 rooms (standard and de luxe single rooms, twin rooms and suites). Tel: 435-3735.
|How to Get There|
Distances (Imus to:)
- October 12 (Our Lady of the Pillar)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands - Km. 24, E. Aguinaldo Highway, Anabu II-A (tel: 471-2134, fax: 471-2184)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands - Nueño Avenue (tel: 471-3744 & 471-2289, fax: 471-3744)
- East West Bank - G/F, LDB Bldg., 552 Aguinaldo Highway (tel: 471-5088, fax: 471-5188)
- Philippine National Bank - G/F, OLMA Bldg., Gen. Aguinaldo Highway (tel: 970-7567, fax: 970-7565)
- United Coconut Planters Bank - Maliksi Bldg., Aguinaldo Highway (with ATM, tel: 471-03-06, 471-2494 & 879-0881, fax: 02-529-8608)
- Imus Family Hospital
- Medical Center Imus
- Our Lady of the Pilar Medical Center
- Mercury Drug - Nueno Ave. (tel: 571-0527 and 472-2436)