|Places to See|
- The town’s Church of St. Isidore the Farmer was damaged in the earthquakes of 1863 and 1880 and was rebuilt by Fr. Miguel de Celis a few years after.
- The Bulacan Doll Museum, within the Pulilan Butterfly Haven along San Francisco street, houses a 17-diorama doll collection that pays tribute to Filipino craftsmanship. Among the historical events depicted in the dioramas are the Birth of Katipunan in Bulacan, the Battle of San Rafael, the declaration of Philippine Independence, the Capture of Calumpit by the Americans, the Japanese Occupation in Bulacan, the Independence Day celebration in Bulacan, the Malolos Congress, and the Defense of Cacarong De Sili in Pandi. The museum also features the Carabao Festival, the Santa Clara Fertilization Dance in Obando, the fluvial parade of Bocaue, the Good Friday procession in Baliwag, Bayanihan and Pamanhikan; and Bulacan industries such as Paombong vinegar (suka) industry, the making of polvoron and other native delicacies, jewelry-making, embroidery and hat-weaving. 910-1388. Website: www.pililanbutterfly.ph.
- The community-based Museo San Ysidro de Pulilan, located at the ground floor of the portico of the convent of Church of San Isidro Labrador at the Poblacion, was founded on December 27, 1997 by the JEFARCA Arts and Historical Society. It has exhibits on the written history and culture of the town. On display are old icons and other ecclesiastical artifacts from the church, and a replica of the Laguna Copperplate inscription (which cites Kasumuran, chieftain of Pulilan, in a legal settlement during the Sri Vijaya Empire, 9th century AD) provided by the National Museum. The museum also showcases the life and works of noted Pulilan personalities such as Santiago Barcelona (member of Malolos Congress and chief medical aide of Emilio Aguinaldo), Florentino Collantes (“Hari ng Balagtasan”), Larry Miranda (Prinsipe ng Kundiman”) and Demetrio Diego (one of the 13 Moderns of Philippine Art). E-mail: email@example.com. Website: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr. Francisco R. Casanova & Dra. Felicidad D. Aguirre Ancestral House
- Adriano Salvador Historical House (Poblacion)
- Pulilan was founded in 1749
- It was formerly a visita of Quingua (now Plaridel) called San Isidro de Buenavisanta.
- Pulilan became an independent municipality on September 20, 1796.
Pulilan is the birthplace of:
- Florentino Collantes (October 16, 1896-July 15, 1951) - Tagalog poet and balagtasan exponent
|Location and Topography|
This municipality is located on plain land by the right bank of the Quingua River.It is bounded on the north by Apalit (Pampanga); on the east by Baliwag; on the south by Plaridel; and on the west by Calumpit. The Angat River, cutting its way through the eastern edge of Baliwag, and the southern fringes of Pulilan down to the tributary of Manila Bay, southwest of Calumpit, serves as the boundary with Plaridel.
- Area (sq. kms.): 39.89
- Population (2007): 85,008 Pulileños
- No. of Barangays: 19
- Income Class: First
- District: First
- Zip Code: 3005
- Area Code: 044
|Where to Dine|
- Lee Foo Panciteria - National Rd., Brgy. Cutcot (tel: 690-1762)
- Lutong Bahay ni Ka Damian - Cagayan Valley Rd., Brgy. Longos (cel: 0915-3000803)
- Pasalubong Bakeshop
- Jollibee - Cutcot, DRT Highway
- Max's Restaurant
|Where to Stay|
- Carabao Lodge - Brgy. Sto. Cristo
- Green Apple Lodge - Brgy. Sto. Cristo.
- Merryland Resort, in Brgy. Taal, has airconditioned rooms with bath, cottages, a pavilion, two big swimming pools, a kiddie pool, a private pool, jacuzzi, children's playground and skating rink. Tel: 676-1199, 692-3772-73 & 766-1199. Cel: (0918) 805-4140 & (0912) 805-4140.
- Taps Resort, in Brgy. Balatong B, has a swimming pool with fountain and slide, picnic huts skating rink and children's playground. Tel: 676-1961.
- Villa Lorenzo Resort, at 1147 Esguerra St., San Francisco Poblacion, has three big swimming pools with 25-ft. slide and picnic huts. Tel: 215-6446. Cel: (0927) 277-8675, (0927)202-0355, (0917) 427-7735 & (0921) 508-6673.
- ACI Resort
- Virgoni Resort and Recreation, at 6 Dampol St., National Highway, Brgy. Dampol 1, has cottages, 3 swimming pools, 250-pax pavilion, showers and toilets, fishing and boating lagoon, videoke, store and picnic sheds. Tel: 676-1383. Cel: (0916) 608-5851.
- Cresta Del Carmen - Esguerra St., San Francisco (Manila booking off: Tel: 632-287-2974)
- Jade Resort & Recreational Center - 220 Esguerra St., Brgy. Balatong B (tel: 676-1408, 676-1409 & 662-7635)
- La Pulilan Riverview Resort, Hotel & Restaurant - Brgy. Longos (tel: 676-1711, cel: 0918-929-5506)
- MRC Resort - Tabon (tel: 676-1529)
- Princess Farmhouse Resort - Brgy. Peñabatan (tel: 676-1529)
- Pug-pog Resort - Brgy. Balatong B (tel: 676-1984)
- Pulilan Butterfly Haven and Resort - San Francisco (tel: 676-1377)
- Pulilan Resort - Brgy. Dampol 2nd (tel: 676-1455)
- Pulilan Riverview Resort - Brgy. Longos (tel: 676-1711)
- Villa Sofia Resort - Brgy. Paltao (tel: 676-3529 & 676-7490)
- Vista Alejandro Resort - Esguerra St., Brgy. Balatong B (tel: 616-1986, cel: 0915-402-9598)
|Where to Shop|
- Pasalubong Bakeshop - Brgy. Paltao (tel: 795-3557)
- Robinson's - Cutcot, Maharlika Highway
|How to Get There|
Distances (Pulilan to):
|Tourist Information Center|
- Municipal Planning and Development Office - Poblacion (tel: 676-0095 & 676-1234, fax: 795-0128)
- May 15 (Carabao Festival, St. Isidore the Farmer) - features a parade and blessing of kneeling carabaos, carabao races, games, comedias and zarzuelas and a fair.
- Equitable PCI Bank - Doña Remedios Highway, Pulilan Junction
- F.M. Cruz Orthopedic & General Hospital (15 beds)
- Jesus The Good Shepherd Hospital (10 beds) - Poblacion
- Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center