|Places to See|
- The Mariano Ponce Commemorative Marker marks the site of the propagandist’s birthplace.
- The century-old Sentro ng Kalinangan at Kasaysayan, the town's museum, was once the town's municipal hall.
- The town’s High Renaissance-style, stone Church of St. Augustine was first built from 1769 to 1774 by Augustinian Fr. Gregorio Giner, rebuilt in with mortar and stone by Fr. Esteban Diez (who also built the convent) in 1830, damaged by 1880 earthquake and repaired by Fr. Thomas Gresa who also added the transept.
- Baliwag was formerly a part of Quingua (now Plaridel)
- It was founded in 1732 by Fr. Juan de Albarran.
- Baliwag is split into two barrios by the Quingua (also called Baliwag) River, with the bigger barrio on the right bank and the smaller on the left bank.
- The town's name was derived from the native words ba (a title of respect for a man) and liwag meaning “slow.”
Baliwag is the birthplace of:
- Mariano Ponce (March 23, 1863-May 23, 1918) - propagandist
- Antonino Buenaventura (May 4, 1904-1996) - National Artist for music
- Joaquin Gonzalez (July 22, 1853-September 21, 1900) - Malolos Congress delegate and doctor
- Potenciano Guazon (May 19, 1882-March 24, 1924) - noted surgeonand
- Felipe Salvador (May 26, 1870-April 15, 1912) - revolutionary leader
This rice market town’s cottage industries include buntal weaving (hats, bags, and wallets), silk fabric making and Chinese-influenced bone-inlay furniture making. Bleached carabao ribs are sometimes used to decorate furniture products. Buntal hat making has made the town famous since the 1920s. It is also noted for its lechon manok.
|Location and Topography|
Baliwag, located on plain and fertile land, is bounded on the north by Candaba (Pampanga), on the northwest by San Simon (Pampanga), on the west by Apalit (Pampanga), on the southwest by Pulilan, on the east by Bustos and San Rafael, and on the south by Plaridel.
- Area (sq. kms.): 45.05
- Population (2007): 136,982
- No. of Barangays: 27
- Income Class: First
- District: Third
- Zip Code: 3006
- Area Code: 044
|Where to Dine|
- Alley 28 Food & Bar/San Miguel Foodshop - Aquino Ave. (tel: 673-4820)
- Bulalo Republic - Doña Remedios Trinidad Highway, Brgy. Tarcan (tel: 673-4918)
- Chic-Boy Chicken at Baboy - Puregold Supermarket, Benigno S. Aquino Ave., Brgy. Bagong Nayon
- Goldilocks - Savemore Supermarket, D&E Tolentino Bldg., A. Luna St., Brgy. Poblacion
- Hen-Lin - Dr. Gonzalez St., Brgy. Poblacion
- La Familia Sizzlers - Doña Remedios Trinidad Highway (tel: 766-2037)
- Rem’s Goto & Serkele - Brgy. Sabang
- Jollibee Highway - Brgy. Bagong Nayon
|Where to Stay|
- Alibi Lodge - Doña Remedios Trinidad Highway (tel: 767-2266)
- Aries Lodge - Doña Remedios Trinidad Highway
- Crystal Lodge - Doña Remedios Trinidad Highway
- Sunrise Lodge - Doña Remedios Trinidad Highway (tel: 767-2214)
- ARC Drive Inn - Brgy. San Jose
- Baliuag Lodging House - Brgy. San Jose
- Mansion Lodging House - Brgy. San Jose
- El Niño Resort - Brgy. Calantipay
- J.E. Garden Resort - Brgy. Sabang (tel: 766-0377 & 766-2001)
|Where to Shop|
- CVC Supermarket - J.P. Rizal St., Brgy. Poblacion
- NE Supermarket - DRT Highway, Brgy. Bagong Nayon
- SM City Baliwag - DRT Highway (beside Prominenza), Brgy. Pagala
- SM Hypermarket - DRT Highway, Brgy. Pagala
- SM Savemore Supermarket - D&E Tolentino Bldg., A. Luna St., Brgy. Poblacion
- Puregold Supermarket - Benigno S. Aquino Ave., Brgy. Bagong Nayon
- Super 8 Supermarket - Dr. Gonzalez St., Brgy. Poblacion
- Ultra Mega Supermarket - 888 DRT Highway
- Wilcon Depot - DRT Highway
|How to Get There|
Distances (Baliwag to):
- Manila: 51 kms. (1 hr., Baliwag Transit)
- Malolos City: 16 kms.
- Baliwag Transit - A. Mabini St., Brgy. Sabang (tel: 766-3154 & 766-3118)
|Tourist Information Center|
- Mayor's Office - Municipal Hall, B.S. Aquino Ave., Brgy. Bagong Nayon (tel: 766-6394 & 766-6394, fax: 673-4059)
- Municipal Tourism Council - (tel: 766-1402)
- Municipal Planning and Development Office - (tel: 673-3762, fax: 766-3240)
- Second Week of May (St. Augustine Hippo)
- Holy Week (Prusisyon ng mga Santo) - features a parade of in 60 lavishly-decorated carosas of life-size images.
- September (Pasakalye) - short for Parada ng mga Sayaw at Awit sa Kalye, this cultural festival, held during Tourism Week, showcases the people's musical and artistic talents.
- December 24 (Panunuluyan) - held on Christmas Eve, it features a street procession re-enacting Mary and Joseph's search for shelter.
- AMA Bank - JENT Bldg., Benigno S. Aquino Ave., Brgy. Poblacion (tel: 766-7905)
- Banco De Oro - J.P. Rizal cor. Tagle Sts., Brgy. San Jose (ATM, tel: 766-1185 and 766-1224 to 25)
- Banco De Oro - G/F, SM City Baliwag (ATM)
- Banco Filipino - Benigno S. Aquino Ave. cor. Tomacruz St. (tel: 766-6070)
- Bank of Commerce - Puregold Supermarket, Benigno S. Aquino Ave., Brgy. Bagong Nayon (ATM)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands - Benigno Aquino Ave., Brgy. Bagong Nayon (tel: 766-2426 & 766-2326, fax: 673-3365)
- BPI Family Savings Bank - Plaza Naning Arcade (tel: 766-2429)
- China Bank - Dona Remedios Trinidad Highway, Brgy. Pagala (Bancnet ATM)
- Citystate Bank - Aliw Cinema Complex, Dr. Gonzalez Ave., Brgy. Poblacion (tel: 673-3559 and 766-3165)
- East West Bank - Benigno S. Aquino Ave. (tel: 766-5177)
- Landbank - LBP Bldg., Benigno S. Aquino Ave. (tel: 673-2075)
- Metrobank - J.P. Rizal St., Brgy. San Jose (tel: 766-2294 and 766-1236)
- Metrobank - DRT Highway, Brgy. Tangos
- Philippine Savings Bank - Benigno S. Aquino Ave., Brgy. Bagong Nayon
- Philippine National Bank - 015 J. Rizal St., San Jose (with ATM, tel: 766-2505, fax: 766-2454)
- Phil. Veterans Bank - J.P. Rizal cor. Barrera Sts., Brgy. Poblacion (tel: 766-5012 to 13)
- Philippine Business Bank - Benigno S. Aquino Ave. (tel: 766-3485 and 673-5216)
- Planters Development Bank - Plaza Naning Arcade (tel: 766-2014)
- Prudential Bank - Apolonia Bldg. (tel: 673-1030)
- RCBC Savings Bank - Benigno S. Aquino Ave. (tel: 766-1204)
- Security Bank - 317 Benigno S. Aquino Ave. (tel: 766-3227 and 673-2023)
- Unionbank - Benigno Aquino Ave., Poblacion (tel: 766-2442 & 766-2847)
- United Coconut Planters Bank - PVR Bldg., Benigno S. Aquino Ave. (tel: 766-3227-28 & 766-3774 for CFD, fax: 673-2023 & 766-3775 for CFD).
- Baliuag District Hospital (75 beds) - Carpa Village, Brgy. Sabang (tel: 766-2364)
- Castro Maternity Hospital (12beds) - M. Ponce St. cor. F. Rustia St. (tel: 776-1463)
- De Castro Medical Clinic (10 beds)
- De Jesus Gen. Hospital (15 beds) – 5 Benigno S. Aquino Ave. (tel: 766-3062)
- Marcelo Hospital (27 beds) – 237 Ponce St. (tel: 791-0390 & 767-2517, fax: 766-3735)
- Reyes Medical Clinic
- Rugay Maternity and Gen. Hospital (14 beds) – M. Cruz St., Carpa Vill., Brgy. Sabang (tel: 766-3457)
- Sagrada Familia Hospital (16 beds) – Brgy. Tangos (tel: 851-4535)
- Santiago Hospital (10 beds)
- Tolentino Clinic (8 beds) – F. Vergel de Dios St.
- Baliwag Drug I - (tel: 766-0635)
- MCK Pharmacy - (tel: 766-5215)
- Mercury Drug - Baliwag Plaza Naning Arcade (tel: 766-2312)
- Mercury Drug - Puregold Supermarket, Benigno S. Aquino Ave., Brgy. Bagong Nayon
- Triple E Pharmacy - Brgy. Sabang (673-3089)