|Places to See|
- Several ancestral houses, most built in the early part of 1900s, have imposing balconies, canopies, walls of kalados and concrete stepboards leading to wide wooden staircases.
- Mt. Gulo, in Brgy. Kaltuad, is believed to be home to Serpent Eagles and Philipine Hawks.
- Dongon Point (dive site)
- Kapatan-Lago Reef (Brgys. Kapatan and Lago) - a dive site.
- Gumasa White Sand Beach - Brgy. Gumasa
- Epol River
- Gambudes Cave
- Lanao Kapanglao - Brgy. Datal Bukay
- Sumbang Point
- Glan had its beginnings on October 8, 1914 as Agricultural Colony No. 9 of the colonization project of the government.
- The first wave of 16 Cebuano settlers arrived on October 18
- The second batch on March 10, 1915.
- Don Tranquilino Ruiz of Alegria (Cebu) was the first superintendent.
- Area: 69.76 sq. kms.
- Population (2000): 83,051 (mostly of Cebuano origin)
- No. of Barangays: 31
- Income Class: First
- Zip Code: 9501
- Area Code: 083
|Where to Dine|
- Gladeco Restaurant - Brgy. Poblacion
- Jally’s Restaurant - Brgy. Poblacion
- Jose Emilio Bar & Restaurant - Brgy. Poblacion.
|Where to Stay|
- Bazan Beach Resort, in Brgy. Tango, has three non-air-con rooms with common bath, picnic huts, conference room and canteen.
- Gumasa White Sand Beach Resort, in Brgy. Gumasa, has air-con cottages, family cottages, open cottages, floating cottages, a volleyball and badminton area, Stations of the Cross, a convenience store, restrooms and shower rooms and offers boat rentals. Tel: 552-4454, 552-2888, 301-2308 & 302-2326. Cel: (0918) 940-0421, (0919) 797-6270, (0920) 921-2203 & (0919) 254-1508.
- Alegado Beach Resort - Brgy. Glan Padidu
- BDC Beach Resort, in Brgy. Tango, has six rooms
- Belandang Beach Resort Hotel - Sitio Belandang, Brgy. Taluya
- Celebes Beach Resort - Brgy. Taluya
- Consuelo Lodge - Brgy. Poblacion
- Espanola Cliffhanger Resort
- Joyce Inn - Brgy. Poblacion (two rooms)
- Kawas Beach Resort, in Sitio Ladol, Brgy. Poblacion, has 20 rooms.
- Ladol Beach Resort, in Sitio Ladol, Brgy. Poblacion, has 10 rooms
- Reyes Beach Resort has six rooms
- Victoria Beach Resort - Brgy. Tango
|How to Get There|
DISTANCES (Glan to:)
- Islamic City of Marawi (Lanao del Sur): 386 kms.
- Gen. Santos City (South Cotabato): 64 kms.
- October 8-10 (Araw ng Glan) - the town’s foundation day, it features civic parade, beauty contest (Mutya ng Glan), fairs and shows.
- November 25 (Lubi-Lubi Festival, St. Catherine of Alexandria) - shows the various uses of the coconut tree through dances and street revelry.
- United Coconut Planters Bank (UCPB)
- Glan Medicare Community Hospital (Poblacion)
- Glan Municipal Hospital