GENERAL INFORMATION (ABRA)
The Cathedral of St. James Major, located across the town plaza, was built by secular priests, Fr. Quintin Paredes and Segundo Teano, and dates from 1722.
The present stone and brick convent was built by Fr. Angel Perez, O.S.A. and final details were added by Fr. A. Inocencio Vega, O.S.A..
The Bishop’s Residence has a carved wooden baptismal font, an important example of early Tingguian art.
Victoria Park, located atop Casamata Hill, overlooks the town, the Abra River and the towns of Tayum, Pidigan, Peñarrubia and La Paz. It has a shrine of the Blessed Mother and the Infant Jesus near the Bangued Waterworks Reservoir and a swimming pool.
Consoliman Cool Spring is located just outside the town.
- Baula Ancestral House
- Doña Consuelo Valera House and Ruins
- Don Quintin Paredes Ancestral House
- Emerald Ostrich Farm and Mini-zoo
- Farmers’ Trading Center
- Mt. Banti Goolong (Sleeping Beauty)
- San Lorenzo Ruiz Shrine
- Sapilang Fall
- Bani Hot Springs, in Brgy. Bani, is located on a “sleeping mountain,” inactive for thousands of years. The spring is accessible during the dry season.
- Bani Waterfalls
- Ikmin River
- Mt. Pusuey National Park
- The ruins of the Casa Real, the old Spanish capitol, is located at the back of the present municipal hall. It features a brick gate with the Leon and Castille coat-of-arms on top
- Burokibok Spring (Brgy. San Miguel)
- Pakiling Cave, in Brgy. Pakiling, is located 21 kms. from Bangued
- Pimpinas Spring
- The Spanish-era Church of St. Narcissus is located across the town plaza
- Roces Cave
- Siniglan Cave is located 21 kms. from Bangued
- Bucloc Footbridge
- Bucloc Rice Terraces
- Ikmin Waterfalls