- The Masjid Jami Mosque, in Tulay District, is the largest in Jolo and is located beyond the public market. Behind it are houses on stilts.
- The Provincial Capitol, constructed during the administration of Gov. Murphy Sangkula, has Moorish-inspired architectural design. It is a 2-km. jeepney ride from the town center.
- Cathedral of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
- The Walled City, established by the Spaniards in 1878, is the smallest in the world. Called Tiyangi Sug (“Bazaar of Sulu”) by the natives, its 8-ft. high and 2-ft. thick brick walls now crumble due to age, neglect and decay. At the entrance are five gates which were used as watchtowers. There are also burial grounds for Spanish and American soldiers who died at the hands of Muslim warriors.
- The Jolo Branch Museum, a branch museum of the National Museum, was inaugurated on September 19, 1997. It houses Sulu’s ethnographic collections in a two-storey structure which once housed the Sulu Provincial Museum and Library.
- The Sulu Ethnological Museum, at the Notre Dame de Jolo College, features the local culture and Jolo's early trade with Indonesia, China and the Arab world.
- The American Cavalry Monument, also known as the “Sunken Garden,” was built to thank American soldiers who fought for the people of Jolo during World War II. It houses historical relics.