GENERAL INFORMATION (PALAWAN)
- The beautiful, 2-km. long, white sand Tigman Beach, in Brgy. Tigman, has palm trees and shallow waters and is located 10 kms. northwest of the town. Most of the town's resorts are located here.
- Tacson Falls
- A Tagbanua reservation is located 10 kms. from the town.
- Malanao Island
- Sombrero Island is a dive site
- The Western Philippines University, formerly the Palawan Agricultural College, was established in 1910 and is the only agricultural college in the province.
- The ruins of an old Spanish stone fort (built in 1683 by Fr. Juan de Severo).
- Sua Caves
- Oco Island has impressive cliffs and is a dive site.
- Dit Island,a 30-min. boat ride from Agutaya, is a dive site. Baluarte Caves are found here.
- Halog Island, a 3-hr. boat ride from Agutaya, is a bird sanctuary.
- Taytay Island, located west of Tinituan Island and owned by Mr. Tony de los Angeles, has a white sand beach.
- Tinituan Island, also known as Concepcion Island, has seaweed that flourishes in underwater fields cultivated in the extensive neighboring coral reefs. It is a first class snorkeling area.
- The 5-hectare Pamalikan Island, located 6 kms. northwest of Manamoc Island and 200 kms. east of Northern Palawan, is owned by the Soriano Group (San Miguel Corporation). It has a 1,000-m. long white sand beach with a coral reef 300 m. from the shore. It is also home to the exclusive Amanpulo Resort. The island is a protected marine sanctuary, green turtle nesting place and dive site.
- Calandagan Island
- Kanaron Island
- Maducang Island, a dive site, has superb corals in its shallows, some steep slopes and some drop-offs
- Salimbubuk Isand (a dive site)
- Solitario Rock (a dive site)
- Hart Reef (a dive site)
- The beautiful, century-old Cape Melville Lighthouse, in Brgy. Melville, was built with forced labor on August 30, 1892. It is still in use.
- A hexagonal, adobe-stone Spanish-era fort is also located at the Balabac Poblacion.
- Basay Falls
- Colina Tower is located on a high hill
- Morenton Peak Game Refuge
- Cadaraman Island, a 30-min. boat ride from the town, has white sand beaches, fine coral and impressive fish life. It also has an airstrip.
- Nasubata Island has a surrounding reef that is ideal for snorkeling.
- Roughton Island, a 45-min. boat ride from Cadaraman Island, is surrounded by a large reef flat.
- Balabac Great Reefs extends 14 kms. along Balabac Island’s west coast and comes within 3 kms. of the shore. They’re visible at low tide.